- Your first post-operative appointment is generally 2 weeks after surgery with Dr. Pateder’s physician assistant, April Cournoyer. If this appointment has not already been scheduled, please call Dr. Pateder’s administrative assistant (703) 483-4679 to do so.
- Your second post-operative appointment is generally 6-12 weeks after surgery with Dr. Pateder. The exact time of the second appointment will be determined at your first post-operative follow-up appointment.
- April Cournoyer is a board certified physician assistant who specializes in all aspects of spinal care. She works closely with Dr Dhruv Pateder in both non-surgical and surgical management of patients with neck/arm pain, back/leg pain, disc herniations, stenosis, scoliosis and all other spinal disorders. April also sees and evaluates patients in her own clinic. For emergency consultations, she and/or Dr. Pateder can generally see a patient within 24 hours (if not on the same day).
- After receiving her Bachelor of Science in Health Education and Promotion from East Carolina University in 2006, she went on to complete additional training in the medical field and obtained a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from Shenandoah University; upon graduation, she immediately obtained board certification. She is currently a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and the Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants.
ALWAYS FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US WITH YOUR QUESTIONS & CONCERNS.
ADMINISTRATIVE QUESTIONS: Pamela Alcantara 703-483-4679
MEDICAL QUESTIONS: April Cournoyer, PAC 703-483-4656
- Lumbar Surgery Discharge Instructions
- Minimally Invasive Discectomy Discharge Instructions
- Minimally Invasive Laminectomy Discharge Instructions
- Dressing & Incision Care
- Post-Operative Pain Management
- General Post-Operative Recovery
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Lumbar Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Discectomy